- A broad, balanced, challenging and inclusive curriculum;
- A welcoming and stimulating learning environment;
- Pupil focused teaching;
- Teaching that responds to the needs of all learners;
- An enriching programme of extra-curricular activities and visits;
- A varied and up to date range of learning resources;
- An ethos of support, challenge and encouragement to succeed;
- Learning partnerships between school, home and the community.
Lincoln Carlton Academy Primary School promotes high achievement, respecting rights, as well as enjoyment in learning for life so that children will:-
- Have high esteem;
- Respect themselves, others and the environment and the diversity of our immediate community and the wider world;
- Be equipped to make informed choices;
- Have enquiring minds;
- Be highly motivated creative learners;
- Respect religious views and moral values of other ethnic backgrounds and ways of life;
- Respond to challenges set;
- Feel secure enough to face any failure as part of the learning process;
- Develop initiative and skills necessary to set personal challenges;
- Work independently and collaboratively;
- Have an understanding of themselves and others as learners;
- Achieve their potential;
- Be listened to and their opinions valued.
Our mission for the school
We believe each pupil will succeed through experiencing quality in:-
We demonstrate our commitment to working as a thinking school in a learning community by:-
- Ensuring that learning and teaching are part of an evaluative process;
- Striving for continuous improvement in all that we do;
- Working collaboratively towards common goals;
- Ensuring open and effective communication;
- Encouraging a strong community atmosphere;
- Becoming and remaining a ‘Healthy School’;
- Becoming and remaining a ‘Rights Respecting School’;
- Enabling pupils to develop emotionally, socially, physically, spiritually as well as intellectually.
Our School Values & Rules
Our School Values are linked closely to a Rule
The Value of Integrity links to our Rule We are honest
The Value of Gratitude links to our Rule We are responsible and respectful
The Value of Resilience links to our Rule We try our best
The Value of Understanding links to our Rule We listen
The Value of Oneness links to our Rule We are kind and caring
The Value of Support links to our Rule We are helpful
Our Staff Values and Aims
Our Team Values
Focus: We are focused on creating a haven in which children flourish in every aspect of their development. We believe that we are here to transform lives by delivering an excellent education for every child. We are relentless in our pursuit of success and so we won’t settle for anything less than excellence in every classroom and in every lesson. We hold each other to account for the quality and impact of our work.
Learning: We believe in deep collaboration within and between classrooms, and schools. We learn from others, and regularly share what we have learnt. We use this to innovate, take risks, improve, and develop. We use research and evidence to inform our practice. We embrace curiosity and love learning new things!
Oneness: We work as together as a team. The strength of our professional relationships with each other, and with our pupils, is the heartbeat of our community. We each take personal responsibility for achieving our objectives and creating a culture of learning. We champion our schools and our pupils, and celebrate each other’s successes. We show gratitude to those around us, recognising that is the team that succeeds.
Understanding: We understand and value diversity and difference. We treat each other with respect and dignity. We recognize and value each other’s strengths and unique contribution. We listen to each other, and the families and pupils we work with, seeking to understanding fully how we can support and help.
Resourceful: We find quick and clever ways to overcome difficulties and barriers to learning. We value and look after the resources that we have, and make the most of every opportunity.
Integrity: We act with integrity. We do what we say we will do. We do what is right, not merely what is expected. We act with openness, honesty, humility and trust. We ask for help, admit to our mistakes and put things right.
Support: We recognize our role in supporting families and pupils and each other. We create a safe, welcoming and supportive environment where asking for help is not a sign of weakness or failure. We encourage and support each other to be the best that we can be.
Hope: We believe that as educators we are here to bring hope and nurture aspirations, so that our pupils know that there is no ceiling on what they can achieve. We believe that everything is possible due to our relentless optimism, ambition, energy and passion. We have high expectations so that every member of our school community reaches their full potential and leads a fulfilling life that makes a difference to others.
Our Team Aims:
- To create a safe, calm, stimulating and nurturing learning environment.
- To create an environment in which children and families know themselves to be valued.
- To deliver an inspiring and engaging creative curriculum which supports our pupils to become successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens.
- To give constant opportunities for every child to experience active and creative learning through our curriculum.
- To create a successful learning partnership between school, home and the wider community
- To encourage a thirst for learning and to model life-long learning.
- To develop and build on every person’s talents.
- To promote confidence, self-esteem and resilience, giving children the courage to face any failure as part of the learning process
- To support our pupils to overcome barriers, realize ambition and aspire to achieve in school and beyond
- To provide opportunities for all children to flourish.
- To embrace the “whole child” and build upon their personal experience, enabling pupils to develop emotionally, socially, physically, spiritually as well as intellectually.
- To encourage pupils to develop independence, achieve their potential, respect each other’s rights and show compassion to all.
- To teach our pupils to respect themselves, others and the environment and the diversity of our immediate community and the wider world.